Who we are
We are The Independent Living Consultants Risborough Limited. We are based at Mobility Centre, New Road, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire HP27 0JN in the UK. Our website address is: https://www.ilcmobility.co.uk By using our website you consent to the collection, retention and use of your personal information.
What do we do with personal data we collect
We only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. We do not buy, rent, share or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. There are reasons why we use your personal details:
- if you contact us with an enquiry either by telephone, email or enquire at our shop.
- to process any order that you place on our website and arrange for its delivery and installation;
- For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We’ll keep your registered account only for a maximum of 18 months after your last order;
- to make our website accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs:
- if you have purchased a product from us within the previous 18 months, we may contact you from time to time by SMS, email or telephone regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- promoting and advertising (including personalisation) of our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- promoting and advertising our products and services to you via email, SMS and post;
- to train our employees to ensure that we are providing the best possible service;
- to get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- when you enter any of our competitions;
- to analyse any problems with our website and improve its performance;
- when you engage with us on any social media platform;
- we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes; and
- for crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Basis for Processing
For us to process your personal data, we must have a legal basis for the processing. The data protection legislation sets out what these bases are. We have described below the different bases that we rely on and provided examples of the processing.
There are some contractual reasons why we have to process your personal data. When you buy a product on our website, it creates a contract between us. We need to process the personal data that you provide in order to fulfil our part of the contract. If you do not provide your details we won’t be able to complete your order.
Sometimes we are required to process the personal data that we hold about you for legal reasons – for example, if there is a product recall.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We also rely on being able to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests. When we do this we will always consider your interests and balance any positive or negative impact relating to such processing and your legal rights relating to data protection.
If you do not want us to process any of the personal data we have listed as being processed for legitimate purposes, you have the right to object. For more information see the section below relating to your rights. Please note that if you object we may still continue to process your personal data in certain circumstances. Please also remember that if we can’t process your personal data for these purposes your customer experience may not be as enjoyable.
Our legitimate interests include:
- analysing and understanding your customer journey and behaviour to improve efficiencies and interaction
- sending you email or SMS marketing messages, if you have previously bought something from us
- calling you to discuss your delivery and any other services that we would like to offer you
- complying with HMRC rules to allow a VAT-exempt sale to you
- promoting and advertising our products and services both on our website and elsewhere on the internet
- analysing our website’s performance and solving any problems
- staff training
- personalisation of your shopping experience
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Sometimes it is not essential for us to process your personal data, for example, if you would like us to notify you when an out of stock item becomes available or if you enter into a competition. In these non-essential cases we will ask whether you would like us to process your personal data. If you provide us with this consent, you may withdraw it at any time by contacting us.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT exemption declaration
On certain qualifying products we can apply zero rate VAT to your purchase to keep your costs down. To do this, we are required to comply with HMRC rules and ask you to make an Eligibility Declaration containing name, address and nature of disability or chronic sickness. We keep the Eligibility Declaration record for as long as our general VAT accounts. We may share this record with HMRC as evidence of tax compliance, but we do not use the record for any other purpose.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. These providers include :-
- Able2 and its logistics suppliers, to supply and deliver products to you. They will process your name, delivery address but their contract with ILC does not allow them to share these details with others.
- An automated spam detection service for visitors that submit Contact or Catalogue Request forms on the site. This service sends your IP address and behaviour on the form to Google reCAPTCHA service outside the UK and EU for the purpose of detecting and blocking spam. The contents of the form (including your name and contact details) are not accessible to Google reCAPTCHA .
- Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions, including use of your payment information for fraud prevention. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. We do not store credit card details and all payments are processed by PayPal. PayPal Privacy Statement can be read at this external link:- https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- If you enquire about a stairlift, we share your contact details with our supplier Acorn Stairlifts so they can respond to your enquiry.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your personal or credit card information, the information is encrypted between your device and our server using secure socket layer technology (SSL) Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of 18.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
We work with the following suppliers in order to carry out our marketing activities.
- For reporting and analytical purposes, we use Google Analytics as a Data Processor. No personal financial information is shared, and all links are encrypted and secure.
- In general, any third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com or by post to Independent Living Consultants, Mobility Centre, New Road, Princes Risborough HP27 0JN.